Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Relationship That Barely Existed

Speaking of moving on, a long time ago, about 12 years to be more exact, I had my realtor license. I briefly dabbled in real estate, mostly to sell the property we'd owned back then and buy the one we're at now. I don't remember too much about real estate except that it was a long course and a complicated state regulated test. One thing I do remember is that they said once you had your real estate license you would forever have to disclose that fact on any sale of any personal property for as long as you lived. Well, I think that's kind of silly and it kind of puts me in a quandry now as I consider selling the property we're at. Do I really have to state that? I haven't had my license in 12 years. I don't remember diddly about real estate law or procedure... well, okay, diddly, but not much more than that. Things have changed drastically and I'm not up-to-date on any of it, so do I still really have to say that I once, years and years ago, had a real estate license? The reason it seems important to me is that it would seem to put buyers on some kind of alert. Now that is reasonable if the person really IS involved in real estate sales, but if they haven't been for years, and even when they were it was for a very short time, and a very specific situation then it seems like putting caution where none is warranted. I'll have to check that out. I've moved on, no reason to keep beating up an old relationship that barely existed to begin with.

No comments: