Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why Did I Get Married?

Whoo Hoo, I can't WAIT to see Tyler Perry's new movie 'Why Did I Get Married?' First of all, Janet Jackson is one of the leading cast members and I really like her in movies, secondly I like Tyler Perry's work, at least his sitcome 'House of Payne'. I haven't seen his movies before, but I've seen clips and they look hilarious. One of the lines in the previews of the new movie has a husband and wife in the car and she tells him to 'go to hell' and he says 'already there'. I know, not really all that original, but totally hilarious. Another part I saw in a clip the other day when there was a special on with Tyler and the cast from the movie had the 'men' in the ensamble cast together talking about marriage and cheating and the 20% rule, it went like this: The one guys says, in any marriage a woman can only give you 80% of what you need, no matter who they are, so along comes 20% and you go for it, and you end up trading 80% and only getting 20% in return.

Okay, that was very paraphrased, I don't remember the exact words, but that's close enough for the point. It's so true. Guys cheat thinking they are going to get so much better but usually when a guy cheats its an impulse thing, someone who gives them the illusion of a little excitement, or beauty they are lacking, but they fail to realize that new woman isn't anywhere near the personality of the one they are leaving because they haven't gotten to know her, just her 'ass'ets. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the movie. I'm going to be on the look out for a couple of his earlier movies too, especially Media's Family Reunion that I saw clips of on the special.

No comments: