Monday, October 08, 2007

Childhood Version Of Cool

I need a new bathroom sink. First because the one we have is so dated. The cabinet is very '70's'. And second because it's so big. It takes up the entire wall of one side of the room making the entire room look much smaller than it really is, AND, I want to replace our standard tub with a jacuzzi type tub. So I need more space on that side of the room. I've been looking at bathroom sinks all over on-line and have found some really amazing choices. The problem is I tend to go for that really big cabinet style, therefore defeating my purpose. What I should really get is a pedestal style. That would give me plenty of room. I don't really use the cabinet much. Both top drawers in our existing cabinet are full of my 'junk' makeup, and the bottom is sort of a catch-all. I could really do without it with no problem. I think it's because when I was growing up we always had a pedestal style sink and I thought cabinet sinks were 'cool' (of course I did, it was back in the 70's!). Somehow it's hard to shake your childhood version of 'cool' even if the need for it is long gone.

No comments: