Friday, October 26, 2007

Other Kinds Of Stupidity

I was just reading about Hallie Berry and the 'comment' she made on the Tonight show and how she felt she needed to apologize for the comment that a distorted photo of herself made her look like 'her Jewish cousin'. Come on people, are we really all that thin skinned? She wasn't being mean, or deragatory. In fact the comment came from when she showed the pictures to some young women who worked for her that were JEWISH. I really think that the aura of political correctness, and jumping on anyone who says something conceived as racist is way out of hand. Several months ago I made a short film on the evils of racism and in it I said racism was the darkest of evils. Someone attacked me saying that using the word 'darkest' implied a racial slur against blacks.... what? Um, I don't think so. Come on people. Use some sense when dealing with such things. REAL racism needs to be dealt with. Going overboard, on the other hand is a different kind of stupidity, and really needs to be igorned. Sorry.

No comments: