Thursday, October 18, 2007

Doing What You Love

I just took a little break and went in and turned on the tv to watch for a minute while I had a pear and revived my energy. 'Rock Star' was on. It's one of my favorite movies, but just seeing that little glimpse of it, rather than sitting and watching through the entire thing gave me the rare opprotunity to think about it in a different vein. How often in life do we finally acheive what we think is our 'dream' only to find it's the same old 'stuff' (see I can use nice words). It's just a job. Same politics, same drudgery, just in a shinner package--maybe. I've certainly found that to be true. I've been lucky enough in life to have turned several 'hobbies' into financial ventures (ie: job). In doing so I've found in EVERY case that there's nothing that sucks the fun out of an enjoyable pursuit faster than having to make money at it. They say that it's wonderful to be able to make a living doing what you love to do... that's true to a point--just don't expect to keep on loving it.

No comments: