Friday, December 08, 2006

New Version? I have a question for you.

I was actually coming on here to post about something else. I'll make that post in a minute here, but when I went to my dashboard there was an announcement that the 'new version' of blogger (hosted by Google now) is ready and I can switch.

Has anyone who blogs here on blogger done this yet?

I know it was a Beta test for awhile, and I almost did that but it appeared that I would have had to start a completely different blog with a whole new address and then everyone who'd linked to my old one would either have to be notified of the new url (pain in the ass) or just have the wrong link (not great advertising there huh?).

So what's the deal with this new one? Is it the same deal, or did they improve that feature? I'm always skeptical of new versions of things that are working fine. Blogger may have it's bad days but for the most part it's the better of the blog connections that I've found since MySpace hates me, and I have a similar animosity toward it because I don't understand it. I have a Live Journal, and it does have some pretty interesting features, but overall I still like blogger better--I don't want to ruin that relationship.

No comments: