Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about Tami Parrington


Being that the New Year is right around the corner I thought it fitting to make my very first 'Thursday Thirteen' post be a thirteen resolutions post.

Most people settle for one resolution to start the new year off with, but I figured I have some areas I need work on, and what better way to make them 'real' than to cement them here in a written 'promise' to myself?

My Thirteen Resolutions

1) I will have more patience. That may seem like a 'pat' resolution. Something everyone says, but seriously that is one of the things I need to work really hard on. I have never been a patient person.

2) I will lose at least 10 pounds. I need to lose a lot more, but I figured I'd give myself an actually attainable goal. Nothing kills the desire to work hard at something than a goal you can't seem to reach. If I make 10, maybe I'll be inspired to do another...and another...and maybe next year I won't have to make this a resolution at all. (One can dream)

3) I will exercise at least twice a week. I HATE exercising, but I know it's important so I am going to make Tuesday and Friday my official exercise days and do a 20-minute workout on each of those days. Maybe next year I can step it up to three days?

4) I will finish two novels. That one really is kind of 'pat' since it's pretty much a given, but still, worthy of mention just in case things go haywire and I forget who I really am.

5) I will take up a new language. Really, I've always wanted to learn French. I did this 'resolution' 20 years ago and learned Russian. At the time I was becoming quite fluent...I've forgotten the majority of it now, but still recognize some words. Maybe it's useless since I really don't plan on ever going to France, but I've always believed nothing learned is useless knowledge, and it's such a pretty language.

6) I will donate more to charity.

7) I will get up at 7 am each day. That used to go without saying, lately I've been sleeping in a little longer, and a little longer each day... 10 seems kind of early anymore, and that's not really a good thing on a farm. Ever see a horse at 10 am when it's supposed to get fed at 7? -- Yeah, this was a necessary resolution.

8) I will be more understanding of others beliefs. I try, and always considered myself to be very compassionate in that regards, but I find myself ever more cynical nowadays, and that's not a good thing either.

9) I will try to see the 'good' in people. See #8 for cynicism.

10) I will take more time just for me. I tend to spend so much time working even though it's here at home, and often here in front of the computer, I tend to forget just to take some time off and relax. I see lots of nice warm baths in 2007.

11) I will pay off my two credit cards. The interest is killing me.

12) I will cut up the above mentioned cards.

13) I will read more. Should be a given, but lately I find myself doing so much writing I forget that I love to read. I've only read 6 books this year. I want to read at least a book a week in 2007.


So there you have it. My 13 resolutions for the New Year. I'll keep you posted on how things are going throughout the year.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 comments:

MotherT said...

Good set of resolutions! I hope you are able to fulfill the majority of them.

Tami P said...

Thanks Theresa. It's a heafty set, but I tried not to go overboard on any one particular one so, maybe. :)

Unknown said...

Great list of goals.

I hear you about the getting out of debit and the credit cards, easier to get into debt, harder to get out!!

Good luck with your resolutions.
Wishing you the best in 2007!
Happy TT!

Tami P said...

Thanks Christine. This is fun. I'm happy to have found out about TT from a fellow TT'er named Jessie.

EHT said...

I enjoyed reading through your resolutions. Good luck and have a happy new year!

Tami P said...

Thanks for visiting, Teach! I've been having fun going around reading everyone else's 13 too. Great group.

Teena in Toronto said...

Good luck with your list!

My TT13 is up too :)

EA Monroe said...

Thirteen! I'm doing good to come up with one that I might keep. Good luck with your resolutions, Miss Write! I'll be cheering for you!

K said...

Good luck with everything!! My Thursday Thirteen this week was about New Year's Resolutions also

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a great year planned for yourself!