Wednesday, December 13, 2006

New Will Smith Movie Coming Soon

On a couple of the recent movies I've bought there's a preview for a new Will Smith (hottie alert, I love Will). I was anxious to see The Pursuit of Happyness (no not a typo, that's how the title is spelled), but after reading about Mr. Gardner (the main character of the movie) I'm even more anxious to see it. A self-made millionaire who fought to raise his son as a single father in spite of being stone cold broke and living on the streets he made his way into a financial company's training program and then into the company itself, working his way up until he left to form his own and make his fortune.

I just read the Wikipedia Post for Christopher Gardner what I like most was during the time he was searching for a way to pull himself out of desparity... well the story goes like this: In a parking lot, he met a man driving a red Ferrari. "He was looking for a parking space. I said, 'You can have mine, but I gotta ask you two questions.' The two questions were: What do you do? And how do you do that? Turns out this guy was a stockbroker and he was making $80,000 a month."

So he started looking around until he managed to get into a training program, and the rest, as they say, is history... well, at least a movie.

1 comment:

me said...

OMG I saw the trailer for that and it just made me HOMESICK. The Golden Gate stared at me and said "come home, Beckie. Come home!"